Sunday, August 21, 2011

I'd Like to Teach ...

With over 15k+ of songs on my old gigantic gen 2 iPod it's easy for me to forget what songs I actually have in my music library  sometimes. Yesterday was one of those days.

I put the iPod on shuffle to see what the universe wanted me to listen to and set out for work. Driving up 6th Ave. a song came on that literally made me pull over and stop the car. It wasn't a classic rock song or 80's synth band that got this viseral reaction out of me, but a one-hit wonder by a group from the late 60's called The Hillside Singers that made me stare at my radio flabergasted trying to remember when I'd actually acquired the album.

Now I realize that most of you won't recognize the group, but I can pretty much guarantee that everyone has heard this song before -

02_I'd_Like_to_Teach_the_World_to_Sing_(In_Perfect_Harmony).m4a Listen on Posterous
cheesy??  yes.  fluff??  definately.  incredibly catchy??  for sure - a product of it's time and generation ...

oh and the commercial .....