Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving !!

Thanksgiving .....

From Wikipedia : Thanksgiving Day is a harvest festival celebrated primarily in the United States and Canada. Traditionally, it has been a time to give thanks for a bountiful harvest. While it may have been religious in origin, Thanksgiving is now primarily identified as a secular holiday.[1] It is sometimes casually referred to as Turkey Day.

 

For me, a day to be with my family. See cousins , nieces , nephews that I only get to see a couple of times a year ( even though we all live in the city ) . A day to miss my father & grandparents who are no longer here. A day to over-eat and  swear , over that second helping of mashed potatoes and one more small piece of pumkin pie , that i'll get back to the gym. A day to think about my life and wish that i had more: more friends , more money , more ......

A day to be thankful for what I do have : a loving husband, a loving family, four crazy dogs, a great roommate & great extended "family" of friends & acquaintances online.

My wish for this day - A Safe and Happy Thanksgiving for all