Thursday, January 5, 2012

Ruminations on a Holiday ...

1

Now with the trifecta of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years over and as the stores stock up on Valentines Day goodies, it's time to take a look back at the past holiday season...

A good thing about being kinda of "meh" this Christmas and only (barely) getting the tree up : not having to take down the outside lights this year & having the HOA send you a nasty letter because you forgot a string ...

It olny took me an hour to get the house back into pre-holiday shape...

With no party invites , we got to spend a quiet New Years at home avoiding the crowds and the DUI's...

New Years resolutions are being kept simple this year : 

1) Learn to tie a bow tie

2) Get to the gym

3) Eat better 

4) Avoid the gym like the plague this week until the "resolution people" give up in desparation of not looking like a magazine cover-model after a whole week of working out  ...   

... that last one is kinda snarky , but when you usually workout at 11pm and still have to wait for machines whilst a group of pe.ople sit on them and text ... well , it's a nice time to take a week off !

5) Try to get better at blogging :  I've started my Daily Tao postings again, it's a nice way for me to start my day.

I really need to get a little more personal in my postings -  I read other blogs and feel that I don't really let people in to my life.

6) Learn how to do HDR photography ( and in turn take more pictures ) ... I really wish I could take a class or two but with my work schedule, it's almost impossible.

7) Wish everyone a very Safe & Happy New Year !