Friday, December 3, 2010

Untitled

     What a week.

      Tuesday was the day , up early to get the puppy to the vet.  Bladder surgery to remove 4 calcium deposits and a teeth cleaning and extraction.  Then back home to nervously wait for the vet to call and let me know how he was doing. 10 o'clock ....... 12 o'clock ...... 2 o'clock ..... check my phone to make sure that i hadn't missed a call.

     2:30 - I decide to call them .... CALL FAILED ..... try again , and again , and again , and again ...... somewhere around try 11 or 12 i started to think that maybe some was amiss ( i'm nothing if not astute ) .   Walk down the block 4 houses the phone works , step across the threshold , nada .....

     so time to start frantically texting Marck  ( yes my msgs were getting through as well as my internet connection ) ...... " i can't  call the vet , you'll have to " ...... "why?" ..... " I don't know , phone's not working" .....

     4:30 - message : "Vet's keeping him overnight "  ...  oh crap                               

                              "everything's fine , just want to watch him " ....  ok

 

       Wednesday morning 9am message - He's ready.

      Poor guy. Only had to have 2 teeth pulled , but it looks like they tried to give him a sex-change then decided against it.  10 staples right up the "business".   He looked at me as if to say " you already cut off my balls , now this ??? "

     Now it's a game of keeping him quiet.  In a house of 5 dogs , a fairly impossible task.  I switched out the Cone-of-Shame for an "Inner-tube of Embarrassment" because i couldn't stand to see him walk into any more walls due to lack of peripheral vision. Now he just looks like he's doing the safety drill on a Caribbean Cruise.

 

     Oh - and the phone ??  My freakin' micro-cell from AT&T wasn't working right .......