Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I know ...












Yeas - I know that I haven't been updating this like I should have been . For that I apologize. But I will try my best to start doing this regularly !

As my blog is called Scootn' N DenverI guess that I should start out with a little bit about me; I purchased my first scooter a year ago last April ( the 20th I believe ) it was a Genuine Scooter Company Buddy International Pamplona 150 ( a mouthful to say the least ) and I love it !


























In just under a year I have put over 2700 miles on it - using it as my main mode of transportation in good weather , year-round. I'm getting ready to take her in for a major tune-up later this week; using, as always, Sportique Scooters Downtown location. The staff at Sportique is fantastic and always welcoming to you whether or not you show up with an appointment .






Sportique has a great community of scooter enthusiasts, people who like all different kinds of of scooters from vintage to top-of-the-line modern. Sportique formed a scooter club last year called the Misfit Toys , we get together to ride for fun and charity all year long. Our first charity ride that we participated in was the Scoot for Toys last November, i can't remember exactly, but i know we riaseda good chunk of money for the Ronald McDonald house ( and froze our little butts off in the process ).


All year long the Misfit Toys do an un-official scavenger hunt called Scooter Tag. One person ( or a group of Scoots) take thier picture at a location or landmark in the city and then it's up to everyone else to be the first to find it. If you are the first to publish a picture of you scooter at the location and then you get to decide what the next location is ! I was lucky , this week I found the latest Scooter Tag and was able to get a picture of my scoot along with my partner Marck and out roommate Lee :




This location was on Leetsdale at a place called Priddy's Auction House .

The next location that we chose is this -


So , we'll see how long it takes the group to figure out this spot !
As for me - I've een fighting a migraine (again) for the past three days , it finally seems to be going away. I need to get my workout gear together so I can start working out again.
I have also decided I would like to try my hand at photography. I decided to get my rather nice Canon EOS Rebel 300D out of mothballs and see what I could manage to do with it. I found a site online called Momentile

that allows you to post a single picture a day, no comments , no captions ( are allowed to be made by you ) but everyone else can comment away. I thought that this would be a great way for me make myself take pictures. I mena, if I don't have my DSLR with me I always have my iPhone or my small point-and-shoot. if you want to look me up you can at


I would appreciate any feedback , good or bad, that you can give me.
I'm going to try and write a bit each day about my life and scooter and Denver - I hope you will check back and I hope that this turns into a lesson for me about writing for the web!
Until next time -
namaste










No comments: