Sunday, December 11, 2011

One step forward ...

Lowbackpain
After months of procrastination I finally got my butt back to the gym. Everything was going great, my weights were decent, I felt teriffic.

There was a bounce in my step as I started my "back" day. Dumbbell rows completed I walked over to the squat rack to start barbell rows. 

Two sets in everything was hunky-dory, I grabbed two 10 pound plates , slid them onto the bar, got in position. Hands on the bar I lifted it off the rack and the next thing I knew I was on the ground, sharp pain shooting through my body.  

I guess I must've twisted just enough getting the bar off the rack that my lower back decided it wasn't having any of it. I spent the next two days in bed taking percocet and trying to stretch out muscles. 

I'm mobile now ( although I remind myself of my grandfather - and my father on his really bad days). My Dr. said it'll take a bit to heal, so no weights for a couple of weeks, but I can work on my cardio until then. So I guess the treadmill will be my new best friend !